Charged with Dissuading a Witness?
Get Defense From An Experienced Domestic Violence Attorney in Ventura
As a right guaranteed by the Constitution, we all have the right to a fair and swift trial. By trying to dissuade someone from acting as a witness in the judicial process, you could be found guilty of breaking the law. In order to be convicted of dissuading a witness, the prosecution must prove that you acted willfully and maliciously to prevent (or attempt to prevent) a witness from coming forward.
- It is against the law to stop witnesses from:
- Testifying in a court of law
- Reporting a crime to law enforcement officials
- Aiding in the seizure, prosecution, or investigation process
You might think you can talk someone out of calling the police. You might even try to prevent someone from ruining your good name by making a false allegation that a crime has been committed. This frequently comes up in cases where domestic violence is alleged.
Why You Need to Work with a Defense Attorney
In California, dissuading a witness is a very serious crime. Do not go through this legal matter by yourself. If you or someone you love has been wrongfully charged with dissuading a witness, the Law Office of Christopher P. Welch is here to help.
- Attorney Christopher P. Welch has been retained by hundreds of clients in the past due to his exceptional reputation for the following:
- Providing clients with world-class legal advocacy
- Earning a 9.5 Superb AVVO® Rating
- Maintaining open, honest, ethical communication with clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Achieving a solid record of case results, including countless case dismissals, reductions, acquittals, and reversals
- Demonstrating extensive legal knowledge through numerous appearances in the media, news outlets, and press consultations
Have you been accused of dissuading a witness? Has your loved one been charged with this serious crime? If so, choose to work with an experienced Ventura criminal defense lawyer. Attorney Christopher P. Welch knows what must be done in these types of situations and can obtain the proper evidence needed to move your case forward in the most advantageous manner possible.
Learn about your defenses by scheduling a free case consultation in the firm's local offices.
“Mr. Welch took care of all my worries and concerns, while clearing my name.”- James D.
“He made us feel comfortable in his capable hands going through the worst situations our family has faced.”- Lynette D.
“Chris Welch is the best choice and Attorney ever!”- Janet O.