Ventura Trial AttorneyWinning Results
We are committed to getting the best possible resolution in your case.case results
We have the knowledge and skills you may need to win your case.Know Your rights
Our firm is here to provide helpful tips and guidance regarding these matters.See our faq
Ventura Assault & Battery Attorney
Difference Between Assault & Battery in California?
In California, simple assault and simple battery are two separate offenses that are considered misdemeanors. A conviction for either could result in a jail sentence and a fine. These penalties can have significant repercussions, resulting in the loss of rights and freedoms, as well as a criminal record. Even after serving your time, you could feel the effects for years to come, such as when looking for work or applying for a loan.
- Domestic Assault - Assault does not require any physical contact with the victim. Someone may be convicted of assault for something as simple as attempting to punch another person. The penalties for this offense are already harsh, but when an assault occurs with a deadly weapon or other means of force that could cause great bodily injury, the punishments can be significantly enhanced. Prosecutors will greatly rely on the circumstances surrounding your case to land a conviction. Depending on the facts, assault can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony, and in some cases, it can even be a "strikable" offense.
- Domestic Battery - Battery requires the application of actual force, but that force does not need to result in injury. Where a battery does cause serious injury, it can be either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the degree of harm inflicted on the victim. Both aggravated battery and assault with a deadly weapon can result in up to 4 years of state prison time and, in some cases, even a strike.
At the Law Office of Christopher P. Welch, our attorney, Christopher P. Welch, believes that people charged with assault and/or battery cannot afford to live with a guilty verdict to their name. That is why we attend to every detail when preparing for cases and provide effective defense to fight charges. If you have been accused, reach out to us as soon as possible so we can get started on building a legal strategy and working toward a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Challenge Your Domestic Assault or Battery Charge
The value of aggressive, skilled, and tenacious criminal defense representation in assault and battery cases cannot be understated. Minimize the risk of a conviction by obtaining legal representation. As an experienced Ventura domestic violence lawyer, Christopher P. Welch is ready to defend your rights and freedoms.
We can defend you if you have been accused of assault and/or battery against family members, including:
- Current or former spouse
- Current or former cohabitants
- Current or former fiancé(e)
- Current or former significant other
- Mother, father, grandparent, or children
You Deserve to Have a Fighter in Your Corner. Call Our Firm Today.
Mr. Welch has achieved favorable results for past clients charged with assault and battery. In one case, he helped a client with a serious criminal record, including a strike offense, get the assault with a deadly weapon charge against him dismissed.
At the Law Office of Christopher P. Welch, we understand what is at stake in criminal defense matters involving violence against family members. Not only do we tirelessly advocate on your behalf, but we also strive to keep your family's issues as private and discreet as possible. It is his job – more importantly, his duty – to help protect your rights, freedom, and interests.
“Mr. Welch took care of all my worries and concerns while clearing my name through all the false accusations. I was more than happy with the outcome we were awarded”- James D.
“Mr. Welch communicated with us every step of the way, making us feel comfortable in his capable hands going through the worst situations our family has faced. We are forever grateful for his help, and can not recommend him enough. If you or a loved one are”- Lynette D.
“As an Attorney, he went above and beyond the call of duty to meet my legal needs. I recommend Mr. Welch for any legal counsel 100%. Chris will always reply to your messages or any questions right away and is very courteous and personable!”- Janet O.