DUI Probation in California
In California, it’s very common for
DUI offenders to be sentenced to probation and alternative penalties besides
jail time. Defendants must meet all the requirements to avoid further
run-ins with the law.
- A probation violation or P.V. comes with specific mandates, some of which include:
- Paying the minimum to maximum fine for California DUI
- Installing an ignition interlock device in the driver’s vehicle
- Suspension of the defendant’s driver’s license
- Complying with prohibitions on a restricted license
- Participation in a DUI school
- No participation in DUI or criminal activities while on probation
- Zero tolerance for drinking and driving
- Community service in Ventura County
- Victim Restitution if applicable
Individuals who do not comply with these terms may face time in jail. A
DUI defense attorney can however help. All defendants who are placed on
probation will additionally need to furnish proof of completion for specified programs.
DUI Lawyer in Ventura
DUI Expungement – have you met all the terms of your probation, and have not committed
any other DUI offense? If so, you may be eligible for an
expungement after some time. A clean record can open opportunities for better employment
and an enhanced quality of life. To find out more information regarding
this legal procedure.
Legal Defense – if you’ve been accused of driving on a suspended license,
or disobeying the terms of a probation awarded, call us to get the best
criminal defense for your case.