It’s very common for
DUI offenders to be sentenced to probation and alternative penalties besides
jail time. Defendants must meet all the requirements to avoid further
run-ins with the law.
- A probation violation or P.V. comes with specific mandates, some of which include:
- Paying the minimum to maximum fine for California DUI
- Installing an ignition interlock device in the driver’s vehicle
- Suspension of the defendant’s driver’s license
- Complying with prohibitions on a restricted license
- Participation in a DUI school
- No participation in DUI or criminal activities while on probation
- Zero tolerance for drinking and driving
- Community service in Ventura County
- Victim Restitution if applicable
Individuals who do not comply with these terms may face time in jail. A
DUI defense attorney can however help. All defendants who are placed on
probation will additionally need to furnish proof of completion for specified programs.
DUI Lawyer in Ventura
DUI Expungement – have you met all the terms of your probation, and have not committed
any other DUI offense? If so, you may be eligible for an
expungement after some time. A clean record can open opportunities for better employment
and an enhanced quality of life. To find out more information regarding
this legal procedure.
Legal Defense – if you’ve been accused of driving on a suspended license,
or disobeying the terms of a probation awarded, call us to get the best
criminal defense for your case.